24. huhtikuuta 2017

Down Under, Melbourne

11.10.2016 I flew to Melbourne, Australia through Doha.

I was working in Hotel Korpilampi, as a receptionist until my contract of employment ended on October 8th 2016.

Few months before I left, I figured that if I don't go now, I probably never will.
So I was working like crazy and saved most of the money I got.

Time flied, and all in sudden I had my flight tickets to Melbourne and got my Work&Holiday visa.

Got my backpack packed and ready to go!
Yay!


I spent two weeks in Melbourne, but the weather disappointed me. 
All I wanted was +30c and sun. And what did I get.. +15c and it was super windy. Of course I had jeans and cardigans with me but still it was too cold.

First days I had a hostel in St. Kilda, and already on the first evening there, my roommates took me to see penguins!

Next day I took a tram to downtown and spent the day there. Well most of the days.
In Melbourne I did some typical tourist things, for example I visited the Eureka Tower and Sea Life.

After 4 nights I moved to United Backpackers hostel in the city center.
All of the hostels I stayed in had every night some different activities (Bingo, karaoke, killer pool competition etc).  
I met a lot of new people, and one of them took me to see some waterfalls on the Great Ocean Road, little less than 2h from Melbourne.

Melbouren is known for the graffitis on every corner and small alleys.  
One of the things I fell in love! 
How wonderful it is walking with millions of colorful pictures on the walls around you!

I was never scared of walking around alone, all the people were super friendly.
Typical Australians. Mate.

The public transportation was also really easy to use. 
Bus, tram, train. You name it.

Even thought the people I met in Melbourne were lovely, sun was shining, I loved the beach and the penguins, it was too cold for me to stay and there was so much I wanted to do and see!

So I packed my backpack again after the 2 weeks.

Next stop - Brisbane.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti